THE RECIPE FROM THE VEGETABLE BOX: DUTCH STAMPPOT
Now is the perfect time for kale. Because it’s only when the first frosts set in that this hardy winter vegetable tastes really good. The cold temperatures ensure that the breakdown of sugar in the plant is slowed down. The sugar content increases and the cabbage tastes better.
Brimming with important nutrients, kale is a seasonal superfood that you can enjoy now, and not just cooked. Kale is also delicious and quick to prepare as a salad, pesto or low-fat chips from the oven.
In our weekly vegetable box recipe, it transforms with carrots and potatoes into the Dutch feel-good dish “Stamppot”, a hearty stew. Just the thing for when the weather gets grim.
- Calcium for strong bones and healthy teeth
- Potassium, important for the normal function of cells, nerves and muscles
- Iron – responsible for metabolic processes responsible for oxygen transport in the blood
- Vitamin K supports blood clotting
- phytonutrients have a positive effect on moods
- Antioxidants protect body cells from free radicals
- Few calories – perfect for light cuisine
All the ingredients you need for the recipe of the week are available at StadtFarm. Either in the Gemüsebox subscription or in our farm store. There you will also find our fresh fish products from sustainable AquaTerraPonik© and many delicious products from our partners in Berlin and Brandenburg.
Ingredients for 2 persons:
450 g kale
500 g potatoes
250 g carrots
1/4 bunch parsley
125 ml water
2 tablespoons oil
200 ml milk / soy cream
1 tsp vinegar
1 tbsp butter / margarine
Spices: Salt Pepper
- Wash and clean kale and cut into strips. Peel potatoes and carrots. Dice potatoes, cut carrots into pieces.
- Heat oil in a large pot. Sauté kale, potatoes and carrots in it. Season with salt, add 125 ml water, bring everything to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Mash vegetables with a potato masher or fork, stir in butter / margarine and milk / soy cream. Season with vinegar, salt and pepper. Wash parsley, shake dry and chop.
- Sprinkle Stamppot with parsley and enjoy hot – bon appétit!
Recipe of the week for you as download
Would you also like to become part of a sustainable movement? Register here for your veggie box: Gemüsebox subscription