Pasta makes you happy…
…because eating it releases the happy hormone serotonin. Did you know – there are said to be over 600 types of pasta? And what applies to pasta shapes also applies to its preparation. It can be incredibly versatile. Whether in vegetable or meat sauce, as pan pasta or pasta casserole, in salad or in soups. Surely you have already tried pasta with fish. By the way, our tomato pasta with steamed catfish fillet not only makes you happy, it’s also particularly healthy and can be prepared in no time at all! Try it out – delicious!
Ingredients for 2
200 g African Catfish fillet
1 clove of garlic
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp tomato paste
1 can chopped tomatoes
200 g shell pasta
1/2 bunch parsley
- Peel and finely dice the shallots and garlic. Sauté in olive oil over medium heat until translucent.
- Add tomato paste and sauté briefly. Add the canned tomatoes and continue to simmer. Deglaze with a little water from time to time.
- In the meantime, cook the shell pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until aldente and drain.
- Pluck the parsley leaves from the stems and chop coarsely. Season sauce with salt, pepper and 2/3 of the parsley.
- Cut catfish fillet into two large strips. Salt fish pieces and place on top of tomato sauce. Cover and cook over moderate heat for about 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove fish from pan with a tablespoon. Mix pasta with tomato sauce and arrange on plates. Top with fish and garnish with remaining parsley.