Your Gemüsebox recipe of the week
Ingredients for 2 persons
3 large potatoes
some vegetable broth, instant
1/2 liter of water
300g grated cheese
For the sauce:
1 tablespoon butter / margarine
1 tablespoon flour
1 pck cream / soy cream
Spices: nutmeg, salt, pepper
• First bring the water to a boil and add the vegetable stock. Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and clean the broccoli and cut into florets. Tip: You can also use the stem of the broccoli if you peel it well and cut it into cubes.
• Cut the potatoes into cubes as well and cook them in the broth. Remove the potatoes from the broth with a skimmer, then cook the broccoli florets briefly in the broth. They should still have some bite. Chop the chilies into small pieces (wash your hands well afterwards), put them into a large casserole dish with the potatoes and the broccoli.
• For the sauce, dice an onion and fry it in the margarine until it becomes glassy. Sprinkle the flour over it and let it brown for a while. Then add half a liter of the vegetable broth in which the potatoes and broccoli were cooked and let it thicken briefly. Then add the cream or soy cream and season the sauce well with nutmeg, paprika powder, salt and pepper.
• Pour the sauce into the casserole dish, sprinkle the cheese over it and put it in the oven at 180°C (top/bottom heat) for about 20 – 25 minutes until the cheese is nicely browned
• Our Ruccola pesto tastes perfect with it – bon appétit!
Would you also like to subscribe to a vegetable box and become part of a sustainable movement? Then register here right away: Gemüsebox subscription