GEMÜSEBOX RECIPE FOR POTATO-MANGOLD STEW WITH HOMEMADE VEGETABLE BROTH
Potato and chard stew with homemade vegetable broth
Ingredients for 2 persons:
approx. 250g soup green (celery, carrots, leek, celery green)
1 small onion
2EL olive oil
Spices: salt, pepper, nutmeg
- First clean and thoroughly wash the soup greens. Now cut the celery and carrots into fine sticks or cubes, dice the onion, cut the leek into fine rings, chop the celery green finely.
- Now heat the oil in a pot, fry the leek and the onion in it until transparent.
- Then add celery and carrots, also fry briefly, salt and pepper and add water. Add the celery green. Bring to the boil and simmer covered for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash the potatoes, peel them and cut them into cubes, clean the chard and cut into strips. Add chard and potatoes to the vegetable stock.
- Now let everything simmer for about 15 minutes, until potatoes and chard are done. Season to taste and if necessary add more seasoning.
- Goes well with our smoked catfish from sustainable manufacture or as a vegan/vegetarian version of diced smoked tofu. Simply fry the tofu briefly and add to the stew. Or add the smoked catfish finely cut.
Would you also like to become part of a sustainable movement? Register here for your veggie box: Gemüsebox subscription