RADISH – SPICY SPRING MESSENGER
A light salad, just right for spring. In addition to white cabbage and apples, which you can still get as regional stock, fresh radishes give this salad a fine spicy note. The crunchy spring messengers are now in season and should not be missing in any salad! Did you know that you can also use radish leaves to make a delicious pesto? Simply wash, chop, oil, garlic, salt & pepper (walnut kernels & lemon to taste) in a mortar or blender – done! Always make sure to use organic products. The pesto tastes delicious as a tapenade or with pasta.
- Belong to the cruciferous vegetables like mustard, broccoli, cress or pak choi.
- Are rich in glucosinolates such as sulforaphane. Glucosinolates help to support the detoxification of the body
- Contain high levels of vitamin K, important for blood clotting and bone metabolism
- Support a healthy immune system with plenty of vitamin C
- Have few calories and are therefore particularly suitable for light cuisine
WHITE CABBAGE SALAD WITH APPLES & RADISHES
Ingredients for 2 people:
250 gr white cabbage
1/2 bunch of radishes
6 tbsp vinegar
3 tbsp oil
spices: salt, pepper
Parsley to taste
- Clean the white cabbage, cut into quarters and remove the stalk wedge-shaped, cut into very fine strips or shave.
- Season the chopped white cabbage in a bowl with salt and pepper.
- Knead well with your hands, add vinegar and oil.
- Finely grate / slice the apple and the radishes and mix into the cabbage.
- Leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Chop the parsley and garnish the salad with it – bon appétit!
You want to become part of the sustainable StadtFarm community? Then get your subscription here: Gemüsebox Subscription