Treat yourself to an extra dose of vitamins and minerals with our delicious leek & potato casserole. Just the thing for bad weather. Once you’ve finished the casserole, you can enjoy a fragrant baked apple for dessert. The best thing about it – the baked apple almost makes itself in the oven, which is hot from the casserole. This is a simple and relaxed way to create a creative and healthy menu.
- Rich in iron, among other things important for energy production in the cell.
- High content of vitamin C, positive influence on important metabolic processes
- High in potassium – important for the transmission of impulses to nerve and muscle cells
- Sulfur-containing essential oils promote digestion and have an anti-inflammatory effect
- Just 100 grams of leeks cover almost the daily requirement of vitamins A and K, for eyes and blood clotting
- Contains almost all important minerals and trace elements
- Stimulates the metabolism and has an alkaline effect
- Has one of the highest percentages of usable protein among vegetable protein suppliers
- Has a blood pressure lowering effect due to its high potassium content.
- The “lemon of the north” provides you with plenty of vitamin C even in winter
- Brings it on unbelievable 30 vitamins and trace elements, for example B-vitamins 1,2,6, vitamin E & vitamin C
- Full of valuable minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium and iron.
- Consists of 85 percent water and has only about 60 kilocalories
- Provides quick energy thanks to grape and fruit sugars.
- Many antioxidants provide protection against free radicals
Ingredients for 2 people:
Potato and leek casserole:
500 g potatoes
250 g leek
300 ml milk / soy cream
1 tablespoon butter / margarine
spices: Nutmeg, salt Pepper
To taste 150 g cheese, grated
2 tsp honey or a vegan alternative
1 pinch of cinnamon
1 tsp butter / margarine
to taste: ground nuts, raisins or almond slivers
Potato and leek casserole:
- Cut the potatoes and leeks into thin slices or rings.
- Grease a baking dish with butter / margarine. Then layer the vegetables in the dish, always alternating a layer of potato slices and leek. Season each layer individually with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle with cheese or a vegan alternative if desired.
- Pour the milk / soy cream over the casserole and cook in the oven at 200 °C for about 30 – 40 minutes.
- Grease the casserole dish with a little margarine.
- Wash the apples, cut out the core and put them in the baking dish.
- For the filling, mix ingredients such as raisins, almond slivers, nuts, honey and cinnamon.
- Fill apples evenly with this mixture.
- Put another flake of margarine on each apple.
- Place in the oven still hot from the casserole at 200 °C and bake for about 15 – 20 minutes. Enjoy as a dessert.
All the ingredients you need for the recipe of the week are available from us. Whether in the Gemüsebox subscription, in our farm store in Berlin Herzberge or on our market days in Rummelsburg you will find fresh organic vegetables and fruit, our own fish products from sustainable AquaTerraPonik© and many delicious products from our partners in Berlin and Brandenburg.
You also want to be part of a sustainable movement? Then get your subscription here: Gemüsebox Subscription